The Urban VHA car is at your service for April Fools’ Day. April, the fourth month of the year, marks the first month on the calendar with 30 days. The initial day of April holds the distinction of being known as both Fools’ Day and Earth Day. The name “April” finds its origins in the Roman term “Aprilis,” signifying ‘to open.’
Did you know?
In April, the Northern Hemisphere welcomes spring, a time when nature awakens. Trees and gardens burst into bloom, the air carries a sweet and fresh scent, animals emerge from hibernation, migrating birds return from the South to nest, and bees and butterflies diligently collect nectar from flowers and trees. However, in the Southern Hemisphere, April signifies autumn and the harvest season. Fruits ripen and are ready for harvest, trees transform into a colorful tapestry, people savor the last sunny days, relishing the warmth, and many anticipate the four-day Easter holiday.
April’s inception is marked by April Fool’s Day, a tradition that brings joy and humor to people. On April 1st, individuals play light-hearted pranks on family and friends, gleefully proclaiming, “April fools!”
Diamond is April’s birthstone, and the zodiac signs for those born between March 21 and April 19 are Aries, while Taurus covers April 20 to May 20. Sweet Pea and Daisy are the typical birth flowers for April.
April is a popular month for weddings, offering warm but not scorching weather, with trees providing a beautiful backdrop for photos.
Let’s explore some events in Victoria for April:
- April 1: The Peninsula Picnic, Yarra Valley Food and Wine Festival, Melbourne Food & Wine Festival, South Wharf Progressive Dinner, Run the Rock 2017.
- April 7: The Big Chicken Festival 2017 at Food Truck Park, Preston.
- April 8: Day Out with Thomas at The Bellarine Railway, Queenscliff Station.
- April 9: Run for The Kids 2017 – The Herald Sun – CityLink Run, known for being well-organized, professional, and family-friendly.
- April 15: Giant Easter Egg Hunt at Life Ministry Church, Chirnside Park.
- April 14-17: Easter holiday.
- April 17: Doggy Easter Egg Hunt at Westbeach Bathers Pavillon on St Kilda beach.
- April 22: Earth Day, Paint the Gardens at Williamstown Botanic Garden, The Color Run Night Melbourne for a happy and healthy night out.
- April 25: Anzac Day, a day of national commemoration marking the first major military action by Australian and New Zealand forces during World War I at Gallipoli. Dawn’s services honor those who perished in the war.
- April 27: Autumn Foliage at the Dandenong.
- April 30: Puffing Billy’s Great Train Race, starting at the Puffing Billy Railway Station in Belgrave and concluding at Emerald Lake Park in Emerald.
For April’s special offerings, check our What’s On page. Contact us at 0412 244 585 to reserve VHA cars in Melbourne.